Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Bed Bugs

Note to self: Don't let Little Bit ever watch this show.

This morning when CAL and I got home from the gym, we cuddled up back in bed and turned on the TV (who says that exercise wakes you up??). Well, CAL was flipping through the channels and happened upon a kids' show called "My Bed Bugs" on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network). To say it was bad would be an understatement, but we got some really good laughs out of the thing.

First of all, apparently the actors in the show didn't have a requirement that they had to be able to carry a tune because the singing? Well, it was bad.

Second of all, they had the 1-800 number up on the bottom of the screen the whole time. You know, just in case one of those people dressed up as a bed bug happened to say something to make you decide it was time to turn your life over to Jesus.

And the names of these characters.... Gooby, Snoozy, Toofy, Woozy... and my personal favorite - J. Edgar. Do you know what J. Edgar was?? You guessed it - a vacuum cleaner. I guess I should give the writers points for trying to throw some adult humor in there.

But possibly the hardest we have laughed in a REALLY long time was when these random characters broke out in a song about going to the dentist - to the tune of "Bohemian Rhapsody." I think I've seen it all.

So just a pointer for you - avoid TBN cartoons when looking for shows for your kids, because believe me, if they get hooked on this show, you're going to want to jump off a cliff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello! my sister and i couldn't sleep last night and we ended up watching bad tv till 3:00 a.m. One of the shows we came across was My Bedbugs! It was so hillarious! Glad to see that someone agrees that the show is horrible! Give me Barney any day.