Thursday, September 4, 2008

Learning to Be Still....

Well, the unthinkable has happened. I know, it's not unthinkable, but it has been in my mind. I never thought I would be put on bed rest. Our pregnancy has been so healthy and everything has gone so well. But the past couple of visits, my blood pressure has crept up, and today the doctor said enough was enough and put me on "modified" bed rest. Basically, what that means is that I have to stay at home for the vast majority of the time and really limit any "actvities" that I do. Even more than that - I had to leave work - today. She gave me the rest of the afternoon to "tie up loose ends" and then not go back. YIKES!!!

Now, let's explain something here... I don't sit still. I am not sure that I know how to!!! And I really don't do well sitting still when I am alone - it tends to make me crazy. Add to that the fact that I'm nesting big time and you have one very interesting situation!!! I can't clean, I can't organize, I can't work... What is it that I am going to do?

But the important thing is that we are doing what is best for Little Bit. I go back to the dr. on Monday and we see where we stand. They would like to keep the baby in me until 38-39 weeks, which means until at least next Saturday. So we will see how my blood pressure does after resting for a few days!!!

Any good chick flicks out on video? Or any great books I should pick up?? Or does anyone just want to come visit? :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Baker said...

Uh oh...I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you and Little Bit will take to bed rest just fine. There are tons of movies out (most recently I saw "In the Land of Women" and "No Reservations") and plenty of books to read! Plus, think of all the magazines coming out with fall clothes. You'll be fine - keep us posted.

Mary Craig said...

Yikes! If I were on bedrest we would be broke because all I would do is shop online!

Hope you are feeling better! Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett is one of THE BEST books I've ever read. I made Jen read it and she couldn't put it down either. It is thick, but you'll fly through it!