Thursday, October 30, 2008

Quiet of the Morning

I'm sitting here cozied up on the couch with Lexie on a frigid morning, looking back in my mind on the past 6 weeks. I can hardly believe that 6 weeks have passed since Little Bit arrived. It is strange to think that 6 weeks ago I was in the hospital just figuring out this little guy, and now I don't remember life without him. Funny how that happens.

I'm settling in to mommyhood, and to staying at home. I went to the office yesterday to start cleaning out my stuff, and didn't even begin to anticipate that it might be a little depressing It was. Not because I don't love my new profession, but just because I am letting go of something that has been my world for 9 years. All I have known workwise is Children's Ministry for all these years, and suddenly I'm just packing it all up. It is a strage, yet wonderful, feeling. I am trading my job as a Children's Minister for a job that is the highest form of ministry I could ever be called to. And sometimes that call is terrifying...but most of the time it is just plain miraculous.

Drew is doing great. He is sleeping away as I type this. I must say I have to fight off the urges to just hold him all.the.time. Last night, CAL found me standing in his room just looking over his crib. I don't know how long I had been standing there...I just feel like I need to soak up every second of this precious time.

Halloween is tomorrow...another first for the boy. I will post pictures of our little "sweet pea" soon.

For now, i better go get in the shower while I have the chance - and while my willpower to not pick up that baby and snuggle him is strong.

1 comment:

Mary Craig said...

I hear you. Change is hard-even if it is wonderful! I was super depressed when I had to pack up my classroom. It's totally normal.

I hate I missed seeing you last night!