Thursday, October 16, 2008

1 Month

Dear Drew,

Today, you are one month old. I don't know where the time has gone. It seems like yesterday that we were holding you in our arms for the very first time. But, at the same time, I can't remember life without you. It is like you were a missing piece to the puzzle of my life, and with you, our little family is more complete than ever before.

You are amazing me with all the changes you are going through. You are sleeping for 5, 6, and sometimes even 7 hours at night. That makes your mommy a very happy lady!!! But some of my favorite times with you are those middle of the night feedings when the whole world is asleep. It feels like it is just you and me and I treasure those moments.

We are starting to see more of your little personality now that you are awake a little bit more. You love to be held and cuddled, but sometimes you just want to be left the heck alone - that is your daddy in you. You have these intense blue eyes and I love it when you lock your eyes with mine. I could stare at you all day long. You are a beautiful little boy. I can say that now because you are just a wee baby...I know one day you will have to be "handsome" or "stunning" or a "stud" for that matter.... But for now, you are my beautiful baby boy.

Sometimes I look at you and my eyes well up with tears of joy. I feel like I have found my purpose in life. I was born to be your mommy. It amazes me to think that God knew from the time that I was a baby that one day, you would be my little boy.

Your daddy is so proud to be your daddy. When we go out together, he likes to push you in your stroller and carry you in your car seat. He beams with pride whenever anyone looks at you and says how cute you are. He says that he's going to be tough on you, but I know that you already have him wrapped around your finger. He loves to calm you down when he gets home at night. He always strips you down to your onesie because he's afraid you are too hot. He plays you "his music" and walks around with you in the dark living room. He talks to you about all kinds of things. I can't wait to hear what you will say back one day.

I am pretty proud to be your mommy too.... I think you are the greatest thing ever. I want to freeze every moment with you because I know that you are going to grow up so fast. I treasure these moments of cuddling with you, and smelling that new baby smell. I love to hear your little sneezes, and watch your forehead crinkle up like an old man when I wake you up to eat. Your big burps crack me up, and your sweet coos melt my heart.

You are my sweet angel, and while I can, I am going to love on you every chance I get.

1 month old - and you have stolen my heart.

I love you sweet boy,
Mommy

No comments: